Monday, December 8, 2008

Orlando

I had a very strange weekend that involved a Funeral, Downtown Disney, Scrabble, Dolphins and Appliances. After I finished work on Friday, I went up to the in-law's house. Caty was already there since she helped Mami with a yard sale. That night we played scrabble and ate some empanadas. On Saturday, we had to attend a funeral for the wife of Papi's boss. She was a friend of the family and died sudden at the young age of 60. While everyone was finishing their goodbyes, Caty and I went out by the Indian river. I saw, for the first time, wild dolphins swimming by and playing. Now I have seen dolphins before, but when it is unexpected, it is a surreal sight. Later that day we took out the hanging microwave, the stove and the refrigerator. I didn't help with the dishwasher, but when Caty and I saw Mami and Papi on the floor all wet and yelling turn the water off in Spanish; we could not help but to laugh. After the fiasco was over, we went to Downtown Disney for dinner and some shopping. I haven't been there in about seven years on vacation. This time I didn't feel like a tourist because I was able to drive there in our own vehicles. We had a great time that night with eating at Wolfgang Pucks and buying our 2008 Disney ornament. Then Sunday came and we got the new appliances. They went in easier than taking them out. Well, at least the microwave was a lot easier. And in between the appliance moving, we all managed to play another game of Scrabble.
Dr. Jason Alviene

3 comments:

Dr. Catherine Prann said...

Dr. Jason Alviene:
That was a weird weekend, indeed. I really loved the Wolfgang Puck and Ornament part of it. I enjoyed watching you watch dolphins too. That was really special! I love you!
Dr. Catherine Prann

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute. Is the ornament-thing a tradition? Matt and I pick out a new ornament together every year. I have been collecting ornaments since I was a baby (seriously!), which is why we have two Christmas trees--so we have room to hang them all up!

Dr. Catherine Prann said...

Well, Dr. Danielle, this IS our "First Christmas together" so I guess it is a new tradition